View Single Post
Old June 10, 1999, 04:46 PM   #4
Anthony

Hi Pete,

The same thought has bounced in and out of my head for years.

Although I've never fired a pistol grip equipped shotgun, I have concluded that a custom Remington 870 using the "Witness Protection" style of pistol grips is feasible for close range tactics. These grips are available in both synthetic and wood. They duplicate the same angle of the pistol grip portion of a standard sporting shotgun stock and yield a much more friendly gun. The specific maker escapes me, but Scattergun Technologies used to utilize them on a few of their models. Perhaps they could sell you a set.

A few years ago I noticed Tex Shoemaker and Son were marketing a backpack style pouch (something like an arrow quiver) to hold a short shotgun or rifle. I think they called it the Grizzly Pack or something. You might give that a try.

With that said, as a general practice, I would not carry a pistol grip shotgun over a handgun. It is feasible, however, for situations in which you intend to do work in which a pistol gripped shotgun in trained hands can excel. Clearing a house comes to mind. Then again, one could always carry the primary rifle, pistol gripped shotgun, and a handgun...but that's another story...

Good hunting.

- Anthony

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries