View Single Post
Old October 27, 2011, 10:34 PM   #18
shooter_john

My employer (a county sheriff's office) uses GA Arms ammo exclusively for training ammo. The pistol stuff seems very consistent and reliable.
The rifle ammo that we have however (.223 Rem) is JUNK as far as accuracy is concerned, and I've had some other issues with it as well.

One day I was running of it through my Arsenal AK in .223 and I found that I was getting A LOT of pierced primers. Those that didn't get completely puched through were either badly cratered or otherwise mangled more so than would seem appropriate. So, the next time we qual'd on patrol rifles (DPMS AR's) I checked some of the spent cases from the AR's and noticed a similar trend. The AR rounds weren't nearly as bad (out of the 2-3 handfuls I picked up none were pierced) but a lot of them were still cratered or deformed in their appearance. Needless to say none of that ammo will find itself in my AK ever again, and I couldn't tell you a lot number or manufacture date on the batch those rounds came from. I'm simply telling about a couple of experiences I've personally had with it.

As for the accuracy, I shot some of the GA Arms stuff at an Appleseed and shot a 213. I then switched over to some Hornady TAP and shot a 236. That is significant improvement that was made simply by swapping ammo.

Page generated in 0.04459 seconds with 8 queries