View Single Post
Old October 9, 2000, 01:56 PM   #1
BadMedicine

Please, no pointing fun, I'm broken up about this enough already

So yesterday, We go out looking for some birds and bunnies to shoot. IT's starting to get pretty cold, and the snow-shoes are starting to turn white, and that makes them easier to spot, since there isn't snow yet. We just took our shotguns, it was going to be a short trip, because we had stuff to do in the afternoon. I have my Winchester model 37A 12 ga. and we've jost gotten to a good area to look for stuff. Down the road about 50 yards, there's this dog trotting strait for us, just kinda looking off to the side for a meal.
"coyote"
"No, it's a wolf" (looked really big)
(in stereo) "nope, coyote"
It had turned and walked slowly into the brush and we could see the actual size and color. So we drive up to where it had went into the brush, and I jump out with my sceery calls, but before I could use them, this DUMB coyote walks right out in front of our truck about 30 yrds away. I have 6 shot in my gun, for rabbit, but at 30 yards it should have been attiquate(sp). So I pull up and fire, and the dog, who was before just ambling back towards the brush, put some adrenaline on the burner and shot back into the woods. He didn't yelp, he didn't roll, just ran into the brush. I go up and check the spot where he was, it was 27 yrds. No blood, no hair, all I could see was claw marks in the hard-packed dirt where he had tried to get some traction. I walked into the woods and brush a ways, to see if maybe I had got him, but didn't see any sign of him. I couldn't believe it. I missed a coyote at 27 yrds WITH A SHOT GUN!!!! I can't remember a more buggered shot than that. Oh well, there's a long winter ahead. I did end up shooting a pigeon (It was a great shot!) and My brother got a snow-shoe that had already turned about half white. I'm not too worried about the coyote, he wasn't prime hardly at all, but up here, they're somewhat rare, and you shoot 'em when ya see 'em. I just can't believe I missed!

Page generated in 0.03979 seconds with 8 queries