Thread: No carry zones
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2005, 11:13 AM   #14
Duxman

Generally speaking, in the no-carry places, (like work for example) I leave my weapon in the car. If I have a choice not to go into those places (restaurants and bars are OPEN carry here in VA), then I do not go. I instead go to an alternative place that allows me to CC.

There are plenty of businesses that support legal gun carrying owners - why not support those...?

With regards to the bar / restaurant laws on not allowing carrying - I am a non-drinker. And I personally think that the law should take that into a account. There are many restaurant / bars here that do not serve alcohol to OPEN carrying gun owners. That is fine.

But with all due respect - there is yet to be an incident reported that a concealed carry gun owner got into an altercation because he was drunk. Can someone point one out to me?

In fact, it has been common in almost all jurisdictions - those that just adopted "must issue" CC laws, that crime goes down. The wild west syndrome does not happen. CC gun owners are usually law abiding good citizens that DO NOT WANT their privelage taken away. So they are very careful about NOT breaking the law.

For those of you that carry in no carry places - just ask yourself one question - Is the .000001 % chance of an incident occuring in this place at the time of my carry worth me losing my CC permit and weapon privelage?

Page generated in 0.02456 seconds with 8 queries