Thread: Old .22 Rifle
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Cald

Old .22 Rifle

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a couple of old rifles that my dad inherited when my grandmother passed away. They have been sitting in a box in his basement in Missouri for the last 18 years and one looks to be in pretty bad condition (rust everywhere). Since I know virtually nada about guns (but have a strong desire to change that), I was hoping to learn more about the workings and maintenance of firearms by cleaning and attempting to restore the rifles. However, I'm having difficulties identifying the make and model of one of them. I'd really appreciate any help at all in figuring it out.

The serial "B2940" is inscribed twice along the barrel on the left side, while "6625" is inscribed twice in front of the trigger guard on the bottom of the rifle. I will provide pictures in a following post.

I also have a nice 30-06 Remington rifle that was with this one and it seems to be almost completely rust free and is in very good condition. I was hoping to learn more with the .22 before tinkering with the 30-06.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leftside.jpg (236.6 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg rightsidesm.jpg (183.9 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg top.jpg (224.9 KB, 387 views)

Page generated in 0.02357 seconds with 9 queries