View Single Post
Old April 14, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4
ZVP

Noz
With the exception of being falsley accused for trolling (NOT!) the same month I joined CAS, I enjoy the Forum!
999/10% of the posters are great!
I hope you were not one if the ones I ran afoul of as this was not my intention,. I was asking and stating s straightforward question and an observation. As we all do sometimes I am not exactly clear about my wants. Posting works like that sometimes.
I had only been able to aquire different substitute powders as my State is very restrictive as to transportation and storage. Dealers don't want to deal with it all and just stock substitutes. With the loads I shoot I can only run through so much powder and since finally locating some real BP back in June.
I guess there are times to joke around but when someone asks a serious question about safety that is not the time to start in on the circus!
Nevertheless, I think I have leveled things out and apolgies have been exchanged and accepted amongst all but two individuals. I guess those two are losses...
I truely enjoy BP revolver shooting but have a lot yet to learn about the subtlities such as the differences between the brands of powders.Each Caliber has it's own intracicies, each acts differently with different combinations of powder, filler and lead.
Over the past year and a half I have bought, borrowed from the Library and read every bit of information I have been able to find! I am aquiring a nice little library of referance material but nothing beats experience with the breed and that information is greatly appreciated!
My Shooting Club is a good source of information though our CAS group shoots mainly Smokeless Powder (there information is severly limited). The common opnion is that C&B won't do knock-overs. Especally a .36! Admittly .36 M/E is low and you should stick to a .44 for knock-overs.
The .36 is a greatly underappreciated caliber. I too am guilty of going "Big Bore" at the beginning! I went for the biggeswt Boom and highest impacts. Since then I have become interested in .36 caliber because of it's accuracy and velocities.
I am active on many forums but there are just a few who deal with "The Darkside". Here and CAS being the dominate. I sincerely hope the past misunderstandings over at CAS have been laid aside! I hope that with the exception of those two individuals others things have been settled between us all as of today.
ZVP

Page generated in 0.03362 seconds with 8 queries