View Single Post
Old February 14, 2011, 01:36 AM   #13
Bill Akins

Continued from previous post.....

Either the chambers were misaligned with the barrels, or the barrels were misaligned to each other and the chambers made to match the barrels. Either way, kind of bad workmanship but still an interesting piece. I sure wouldn't want to be in front of it with all six barrels going off at once!

And here's a few more pics of that pinfire cartridge sliding block pistol that I showed in my earlier post. This pic shows it with its 10 rodded cartridge ejector and pinfire cartridges.

And this one shows it with extra pinfire cartridge sliding blocks of different capacities of 6 and 10 cartridges. Notice the cutouts for the cartridge pins above each cartridge hole. That's where the pin of the cartridge sat. The hammer fell on the pin and the pin was situated above a mercury fulminite pellet in the bottom of the cartridge. Does make me wonder what kept the pin from flying out of the case when it went off. I guess the weight of the hammer kept the pin in kind of like it does a percussion cap on a nipple.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; February 14, 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 8 queries