View Single Post
Old July 18, 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Apprentice_941

Real World Self Defense: Snubbie 1st, Mid-Sized Auto 2nd (If Necessary)

Over the past 15 years, I have been jumped (mugged) twice - both times by groups of young men (5 or 6 men both times). After the second occaision, I finally changed the way I view the world and walked into a gun shop a few months later and purchased a handgun.

Having played these past two experiences over and over in my mind, I realize they were both very similar - I became aware of their threat (and yes, I am ALREADY a very observent person on alert) when there was only about 4 or 5 yards left between me and them.

The one thing I take with me to this day about these two occaisions the feeling that I WOULD NOT want a full sized handgun to defend myself - because of the very truncated distances and the real possibility of having the gun grabbed before I stopped at least one attacker.

The other feeling is that on both occaisions, a pocket draw would have been the best chance to very quickly get a gun in hand.

I just wanted to share this from my two real world experiences, where only through shear luck was I able to escape serious bodily injury as I was pretty much defenseless in both scenaios.

Summary - Real world self defense: A snubbie first out of the pocket, then second -a mid sized auto from IWB, holster, etc.

Page generated in 0.02418 seconds with 8 queries