View Single Post
Old January 10, 2007, 01:01 AM   #2
rwilson452

'm considering reloading, but am a novice in that area. I would be reloading for my Ruger GP100 in .357; my P345 in .45 ACP, and my .30-06. Can I use the same reloading equipment with different dies?
Would I need different primers and powder for each load?
Could/should the buljets for .38 and .357 be the same?

From what I've read on this forum, the Lee Anniversary outfit would be adequate, as I don't intend to go into mass production (yet).

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Harley

I would suggest you get "The ABC's of Reloading" and a couple of other books on reloading. The 38 uses a small pistol primer the .45 uses a large pistol primer. The 30-06 uses a large rifle primer. Yes you can use the same bullets in the .38 and .357. in some cases you can use the same dies for 38 and 357. You can use the same powder in the three pistols mentioned. but a better result would come about with a different powder for the .357. the 30-06 requires a totally different powder.

You don't need a different press for loading metalic cartridges. A different press is needed for shotgun. OK you can't use the press mentioned to load .50BMG. If you can squeeze out a little more money you might want to look at the Lee turret presses or at least put it on your wish list for a later purchase. Your going to need calipers to measure over all length.

Page generated in 0.02329 seconds with 8 queries