View Single Post
Old February 20, 2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Foto Joe

I feel your pain.

I'm on my second Uberti Schofield, the first was a Russian that was bad out of the box and wouldn't even rotate when loaded, too little clearance between the cylinder and the recoil shield.

The one that Uberti replaced it with was a Model 3 and in 44-40 and has an indexing problem due to the locating pin on the star ejector being too far out. Once that was fixed, I found that the ratchet had been prematurely worn because of it. Uberti now has it to replace the ratchet/ejector.

If it's of any comfort, Uberti customer service is top notch. The should only have the gun for a couple of weeks but...you need to have the shop follow up on it with phone calls. Uberti isn't too hot when it comes to keeping you informed.

I'm not overly impressed by the workmanship on the new Uberiti's. I've got a 30 year old ASM that still has the original nipples on it that I have more faith in.

Just for reference, if you've ever got to do this again, deal directly with Uberti and skip the gun shop. Let us know how this pans out.

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 8 queries