View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 12:23 AM   #2
kknud

I went to Sask., Canada in May 98 for a bear hunt and fishing trip, and then May 99 for a fishing trip to Ontario. Cannot help you on the specifics as far as the barrel length, only that make sure that it is legal by checking with the proper authorities. What I have always been told is to look the agent right in the eye, and make sure all people in your party are on the same page. You don't want cousin Eddy "heming and hawing" when the border agent asks how much booze you have in the back. Also, they will try to rile you by being condesending, don't fall for it. Use "sir" or "ma'm", and be polite and direct. Also, don't cross at a port of entry that isn't used alot. A bored border agent will make you empty every bag you have.

In regards to the black flies, be sure and have a head net or they will drive you crazy during your hours sitting in the tree stand (let alone the mosquitoes!)

Prepare for cold weather, and it's nice if you are pleasantly surprised.

Have fun. My Trip in 98 (first time hunting bears) was a blast! You have to get initiated somehow. I can still feel the hair raise on the back of my neck the first time a bear came in. After I killed, spent at least 20 more hours in different stands videotaping bears coming in. What a rush!

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries