Thread: Gun Safe Advise
View Single Post
Old January 10, 2011, 08:17 PM   #49
a1abdj

Quote:
When it comes to fire protection in safes, we feel, ceramic is way more effective than cast insulations . UL AGREES WITH US.
UL does? Somebody who works at UL does?

I find this curious, as UL isn't in business to promote any product or type of product. They merely exist as an independent testing facility.

Quote:
Spreading misinformation on UL's behalf to sell safes (seeing as how your a 30 yr old safe salemen) will get you in deep trouble with UL, and they don't take these things lightly.
I'm as much of a "safe salesman" as you are a "safe repair station". I'm actually a 35 year old who owns a full service safe and vault company. Granted, I've only been in this business since 1992, but I know a thing or two about safes and how they're built.

So what kind of misinformation are you talking about? What kind of trouble? I dont' think either exists.

Quote:
When I asked Michael if he thought your statement quoted above is true when it came to cast vs. ceramic insulations, he said NO.
I asked Michael if there really are safes lined with ceramic with a UL Fire/Class# rating on them, and he said YES.
When I asked Michael if he could give the name and other details of these UL Fire/Class# safes lined with ceramic, he said he couldn't give out that info, and said I would need to contact the safe manufacturers direct so they could tell me what they used.
You don't carry any UL ratings on your safes, yet you're on a first name basis with those at UL huh?

Of course there are safes using ceramics. Just about every data safe uses them. We've already discussed that here. I'm talking about primary insualtions, not secondary inserts.

I also find it odd that he won't tell you what products have their labels. As you have said, they are very particular about the use of their label, or more specifically the misuse of their label. I don't think that there's any secrets involved with who's had their safes tested and who hasn't. Perhaps you need to know the secret handshake or something.

Quote:
Incorrect. The contents were not fire damaged.
I guess that depends on the definition of "damaged".

Quote:
Frank, I encourage you to do your homework before posting anymore incorrect information about us.
I don't believe I have posted anything incorrect.

Quote:
We went ahead and recorded this in our records, amongst all the other incorrect information you have said about us, which you have yet to correct. Not just on this forum, but all the other ones you have been posting on. Just letting you know.
You're keeping records on me? If you feel it's worth your time, I guess I don't really have a problem with it. After all, it is a public forum. It's not like I'm saying anything here that I wouldn't want others to see.

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries