Thread: Mashburn arms
View Single Post
Old December 11, 2010, 09:26 PM   #23
bedbugbilly

Ah . . . I'm not an "Okie" so I hope I'm not intrudin' here!? I do go through Oklahoma twice a year though on my way to and from Arizona. I love to visit gunshops so I'm just curious . . whee is this place (so I don't waste my time)? T

I have to say, I'm surprised at this thread and how many Okies are gathered! I always enjoy the drive through Oklahomna. I can't help it though, I have to relate the following.

One time on the way through to AZ, my wife and I stopped at a MickyD's in one of the small towns along the way - can't remember which one. There was a table full of locals in for their coffee break, obviously farmers and ranchers and we sat at the next table over from 'em. I love the small town "coffee tables" - I think every small town has one - we do where I'm from in MI. Anyways, these guys were having a good time laughing and talking and then one older fellow in a cowboy hat pulled a photo out of his pocket and it got passed around the table. There was a lot of laughter and one fellow made the remark . . . wow . . look at the ass on that! Everybody laughed and from the general conversation, you would have thought that the fellow had passed around a photo of a naked lady. I had been talking to one of the fellows at that table and when they got done passing the photo around, he picked it up and handed it to me saying . . . "do they have great looking asses like that where you're from?" I took the photo and looked at it and then replied . . . . now that is one fine ass! My wife is no prude, but she was sitting across the table from me, looking at me a little funny and then I turned the photo so she could see it . . . it was a picture of a great looking "jackass" that the fellow in the cowboy hat had just purchased. All of the fellows had a good laugh watching the expression on my wife's face as she listened in. I've chuckled about that a lot since then but it also has given me such a good feeling when I think about that coffee table surrounded by the "locals" enjoying their morning coffee and the fellowship of others - they were a great group of guys - fellows that you'd like to get to know. So . . . even though I'm not an "Okie" . . . my hat is off to you fellows . . .
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03684 seconds with 8 queries