View Single Post
Old September 10, 2009, 09:49 PM   #12
essohbe

Quote:
"...Just out of curiosity, what make AK is it essohbe?"
It's a GP Wasr10-63 which is probably the problem.
I looked it over before I bought it and it seemed decent at first glance. The front sightblock wasn't canted or anything. Spotless bore. Nothing loose, then I fired it a bunch and after hundreds of plinking rounds + bump-firing it, it's been better than I expected it to be except for the reciever getting nicked with the bolt on it's rearward stroke.

I usually only use Wolf and BrownBear, I've used that GoldenTiger ammo also.
All in between 122 and 124gr. No overloaded handloads. it kinda crossed my mind that maybe I got some weird ammo that was a little hot but I doubt that's it.

Most likely it's the spring because it even looks old and the parts didnt seem to be American parts in the gun when I got it - but what do I know (Usually Century stamps a "C" on their parts or puts Tapco stuff it in but I don't know *** I had in mine. It was neither. Probably still Romanian military parts until I put domestic ones in for compliance).

I would get a better one but I don't want to pay Arsenal or anyone else $900 for an AK. That's eff'n ridiculous... I'm in the wrong buisness! (So...Do I need a Class 2 FFL to get flats and a bending jig? Lol).

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 8 queries