Thread: Used Presses
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2000, 06:01 PM   #6
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Guess I will have to throw my 2c in and agree with all of you and the RCBS. I bought a RCBS Jr. press (obsolete now) in 1965. It was $27.95 brand new, came with one set of dies (22-250 in my case) and the primer arm and one shell holder.
Well friends it is still in use today, no telling how many thousands of rounds later. Only problem I had with it was the 2 lil tits that the rubberband went around on the spent primer catcher broke off when I dropped it on the concrete floor. No problemo I just drilled 2 holes in about the same spot and put a machine screw in the 2 holes for the rubberband.
In 1992 when Hurricane Andrew came rip-roaring through here, and so politely removed the roof to my old shop and dumped 10 to 12 inches of rain on the ceiling everything got soaked. It was 2 weeks before I could get in there to salvage. I lost almost NOTHING! Some things had rust on them such as bullet moulds, the RCBS uniflow Powder measure was frozen with rust, the press was frozen too. However a little time and crocus cloth and Remington Gun Oil took care of everything.
My Only loss was a 1965 edition of the Speer Loading manual and a 1974 Edition of the Hornady manual. It took a while but I managed to replace them with the same manuals from E-bay. The Sierra and Lyman manuals were ok.
I guess the point I am trying to make is that RCBS stuff (and some others too) is made to last. I would not hesitate to buy some of it used.
Guess i will quit rambling now, but you know how us old farts get when it comes time to reminisce (or however you spell it)!

------------------
Carlyle Hebert

Page generated in 0.02653 seconds with 8 queries