View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 10:56 AM   #11
kraigwy

I talked to several venders at our local gun show this weekend.

Seems those who got caught (or almost got caught like me) were prepared and just shake their head.

We knew it would happen again and prepared. We know this present drought will pass also, but we know it wont be the last one.

When things cooled off last time, we started stockpiling. Not all at once but ever time we went to the store we bought primers or a can of powder, eventually when it hit again we took inventory and decided we could weather the storm.

Of course none of us thought it would hit 22s but it did, so we shoot what we have, and weight it out.

After things calm down, and they will, we'll do the same thing with 22s that we did with powder and primers.

History repeats it self, this will pass, but it will come again. We'll try to prepare, this time adding 22s to to our powder and primers but something else we haven't planned for will pop up. The trick is to figure out what that will be and prepare.

When I first started shooting conpetition about 40 years age, an old high power shooter told me, no matter what, keep plenty of primers, you control primers you control shooting. I took his advise to heart, I keep primers and powder, so even in the darkest days of the worse drought I keep shooting.

I cast bullts just for about everything I shoot. There will always be lead, so as long as I have powder and primers I shoot.

But this too will pass, its up to us as shooters to smarten up and prepare for the next drought.

Its not really crazy times, its just the cycle of life. Life goes in circles, and we need to prepare for when these hard shooting times comes around again and it will.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries