View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Quote:
jschneider93 I moved from FL to NC recently, and haven't gotten my license changed over yet. Fl residents can't buy guns from gun dealers in other states besides states that touch FL. I can buy a gun from a private individual, though. There's an auction tomorrow with guns that I'm interested in. Do the same rules apply when buying guns at an auction as at a gun dealer, or am I allowed to buy a gun at this NC auction, even though I still have my FL license?
You're asking several questions in one....

If you are a resident of NC, Federal law permits you to acquire ANY firearm from a licensed dealer or via private sale. Having a FL drivers license doesn't change the fact that you are a resident of NC. If you buy from a licensed dealer you would need to provide "alternate documentation" that shows your name and CURRENT residence address in NC.

What law restricts FL residents to purchasing guns only from its border states?
The Federal "contigious state" restriction disappeared in 1986.

Not all auctioneers are required to hold an FFL. Those that don't will often use a local gun dealer to transfer any firearms.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries