View Single Post
Old June 1, 2012, 09:53 AM   #20
serf 'rett

Quote:
I just dont have the patience...
B Man...can I ask why you are thinking of reloading? Just the savings? Most honest folks here will admit that they do not save money by reloading; however, they do get to shoot more!

If you’ve done the research and have a boatload of patience, with a healthy dose of attention to detail, then there is no reason you couldn’t start with a progressive press. We have two basic types of machinist in our shop. Those who only need a work order and I never worry about their workmanship, and those who only do quality work when cornered like a trapped rat. The mention of engineering makes me assume you fall in the first group. From what I read, the Lee will require more patience and tinkering, but I have no experience with the Lee presses. My leanings would be toward the L-N-L or Dillon (just starting to rebuild an old 450 a coworker has loaned to me).

If you really don’t have patience (your words) then you may need to start with a single stage press to learn the process. Unless you are looking to load several thousand rounds a month, you might should also consider the Lee Classic Cast Turret. Several of our forum members are pleased with its ability to load in a single stage mode or semi-progressive mode and the price is right.

My current cost is $11.90 per 100 rounds with 124 grain Berrys bullet, CCI primer, Power Pistol powder and “reconditioned” brass. The costs includes shipping and prorated Hazmat fees on small bulk orders from Powder Valley.

Page generated in 0.03115 seconds with 8 queries