Thread: Grease
View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 08:19 PM   #29
Smokin' gun

The reason I asked about brass framers is because we carry supplies, muzzleloaders, curios, antiques etc. I just recently renewed my interest in c/b revolvers and have some in a display case. Only a few are buying them. I have NIB Colts and some Uberties and Piettas. The Reb Confederate by Peitta sold, along with a 44c brass frame because they are cheaper. My question is....how do you promote these guns here in SC? I personally shoot a 36c Uberti 1861 Navy. The Confederate replicas are cheaper but not as good as the steel frames. Or are they? I was very pleased with the price of the Gunnison Pietta 36 Reb Confederate that comes in a wooden display case.
Going back to cleaning... we recommend mixing 1 quart/distilled water with 2 caps of Blue and Gray Bore Cleaner,and 2 caps of Ballistol . I just recently discovered Ballistol and I like it. If you don't have Blue and Gray then you can mix it with ivory soap but you'll have to adjust the ratio to your liking. Then swab your barrel w/ pure ballistol --or a non petroleum lube if you prefer,after it's dried of course.
My wife is goin to change my name to WBHickup.

Page generated in 0.03147 seconds with 8 queries