View Single Post
Old September 27, 2013, 12:02 PM   #10
Venom1956

Ah thank you Frank, thank you. Wrote that better then I could ever have.

I see I am not alone in feeling how important my two companions are to me. My oldest has been with me for almost 10 years, about half of the years I can really remember. In the moment I don't know if I could let her come to harm if I could stop it. My dogs greet and inspect everyone who nears my house (also bark so I know whats up) so the odds of them meeting danger before I is likely. But the rational part of me realizes that the Law views them as property. A hard decision it is.

If someone was harming my dogs outside of my home where I was safe and secure with locks and phones and what not could I prevent myself from running to their aid? Not sure. That's why I posted this, to see how others felt.

Such as when a younger cop (no picking on LEOs here just an example) shot and killed a dog he claim charged him, video later proved this false. The owner of that dog was given enough money to buy a new pup and the officer was disciplined. I am not sure if she sued for damages or if it was successful. Now I am sure if you saw an LEO in question you might proceed more carefully.

The K9 reference may not be 100% accurate I just used it to illustrate how even the law views them at both ends of the spectrum. Dogs are property unless they are K9 dogs...

This threads off to a good start I hope it keeps going, I like all these other viewpoints.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Page generated in 0.03609 seconds with 8 queries