View Single Post
Old November 20, 2008, 01:50 AM   #29
johnnypi45

I know it's not hunting, but it's probably appropriate for the thread. I was out shooting at a fairly well known un-supervised public range in the Colorado Springs area. I was out on the 100 yd. range, shooting my nagant and .357 between 50 and 100 yards and i was on the far left side of the range. Well, another guy, about in the middle of the line was shooting at home-made steel plates at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Well, i wasn't really worried about this as i had been over and talked to him about it, just makin sure he wasn't shooting anything jacketed at them (he was shooting cowboy style loads out of a very nice 12ish in. barrel colt python). He def. looked like he had been doing silhouette type competition in the past. Well, as this range is sometimes known for, as it's a public, non-fee range, a bunch of "questionable" individuals set up with their ak's and polymer somethings at the far right side of the range. I was on the complete opposite side of the range, and didn't think much of it. Well, i'm happy as a clam cause i'm hitting milk jugs at 100 yards with my 357. Next thing i know, the brilliant individuals on the right side of the range decide to start shooting their jacketed ammo at the 25 yrd steel plates, and inevitably, i start getting hit with jacket splaters. I was p!ssed. The guy who owned the plates and i went over and politely (at least with as much candor as i could muster) asked them to stop shooting the steel plates. there were about 20 people on the line when this happened, and after that, i'd say about 15 of us just called it quits for the day. Certainly freaked me out and really shook me up. I haven't had the you-know-whats to head back up there yet. I'm just really thankful it didnt turn out any worse than a few scratches and come bullet jackets laying on my shooting gear.

Last edited by johnnypi45; November 20, 2008 at 02:04 AM.

Page generated in 0.03110 seconds with 8 queries