Thread: Triple K brand?
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2007, 09:34 PM   #14
rantingredneck

In order to avoid being accused of not knowing how to use the "search" function......

........I'm resurrecting a 14 month old thread to ask about Triple K brand mag quality/reliability, not their ephemeral (at best) connection to the Klan.

I bought two 30 rounders today for my P89/PC9 combo at the Hickory, NC gunshow. They were new in package and marked 19.99 ea. I talked the guy into both for 35.00 cash. I've got my P89 on me on this trip and I loaded them both and hand cycled rounds out of them with no problem. The fit was much better than other aftermarkets I've tried. I had to put tape around my pro mag 30's to keep them from rattling in the frame.

Anyone have any feedback as to the quality and reliability of the brand? I've mostly used Ruger factory mags and mecgar/promags to this point.

Also as a side question....Is handcycling rounds out of a mag a worthwhile test of reliability? I basically lock the slide back, insert loaded mag, release slide, drop mag, clear chamber, repeat. I would think that forward slide velocity is the same under fire and when handcycling since it's governed by the recoil spring regardless. Am I wrong here? Granted under firing conditions you have the added motion of recoil to contend with, but I'm looking for a reasonable approximation when a range isn't very handy.

Page generated in 0.02517 seconds with 8 queries