View Single Post
Old June 26, 2014, 03:51 AM   #75
kawasakifreak77

You're right about that. I always had an interest in them even as a young boy studying several designs including the original Maxim. It wasn't until here recently I relocated & a local dealer having some in stock I got serious.

We went out to shoot with a Kestrel & a YHM Phantom. Host was my AAC Micro 7. The YHM absolutely blew the Kestrel away even though I wasn't hip to the QD. I purchased the YHM that day.

I could have gotten a pricier can but I still feel really good about my purchase as they say bang for buck the YHM is dang hard to beat. Now that I've gotten used to having the QD I'm glad I got it. I never have to worry about the threads on the barrel itself getting messed up & it'd basically be impossible to mess up the crown.

Everybody complains about the weight & yeah at first it totally messes up the balance of a trim carbine. Once again getting used to it I like it more now & haven't shot unsuppressed since. The balance is like a big automatic shotgun now & I feel my offhand shooting is actually steadier now with the extra weight up front.

Overall I'm tickled freakin' pink!

Page generated in 0.02192 seconds with 8 queries