View Single Post
Old March 29, 2011, 11:50 AM   #12
MrBorland

I'll add a few:

1. 56 points down is way too many. That added over 30% to your raw time. Shooters much better than me have noted that adding more than 10% means you're shooting beyond your control, and I've come to agree. Strive to shoot the 1st 2 stages clean, or nearly so, as you'll need the buffer for stage 3. Even if you add 10% to your raw time, the 10% in time added still puts you ahead.

And, as mentioned above, do not miss any of the mandatory head shots. I see you didn't, so I just mention it as a reminder.

2. When shooting from around cover or a barricade, it's easy to cant the muzzle inward the more you lean, pulling the shot way off towards the inside. Because of the distance, this can be a real problem from behind the barricade in stage 3. Lots of points can be lost here, simply because you're not aiming at what you think you're aiming at. Be aware of it - even better, evaluate and practice not doing this during dry fire practice.

3. Whenever you shoot, say a string of 6 shots on 2 targets, your tempo is a common one:BangBang.....BangBang....BangBang. This can be a source of points down, as the 2nd shot of each double tap is usually shot faster than the shooter can see. Furthermore, transitions are usually out of control as well - they're usually overswung, so time's added bringing the gun back...if it's even brought back...and even then, that 1st shot after the transition is likely rushed to make up time, and, as a result, not very good. After your bad 2nd shot, poor transition and bad 3rd shot, you're onto your next bad shot, and the cycle repeats itself.

Much better is a smooth Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang.Bang with smooth and even transitions between. The raw time won't be much slower, but you'll find it easier to make your hits because you're more likely to be shooting within your control.

4. When shooting SHO, you shoot away from your non-shooting side, i.e. left to right. Most do better shooting towards their non-shooting side. WHO, then would be left to right, as you did it, but SHO would be right to left.

5. I agree completely about being too tense.

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries