View Single Post
Old March 4, 2005, 06:52 PM   #11
thelast2

Quote:
You can ONLY pull your gun when the perpetrator(s) weapon such as a knife or gun only, is already visible and threatening you(too late IMO) and you can't run.
While I dont know where you live and maybe by some strange chance the laws in your state specifically say that a person has to be wielding a gun or knife before you can shoot them. That statement is WRONG in most parts of the country. Deadly force comes in many forms and as such if you feel your life is in danger because this guy has just knocked your wife or any person for that mattter,upside the head with a baseball bat for example, is using deadly force and as such you would be clearly authorized to shoot. Best thing I can say to people is read the laws, they are readily available for that reason so use them before you go giving misinformation.
Hey JimW I did figure out you live in Florida after having read one of your other posts, I will take a look and see if the deadly force clause is in the Florida State Law and make another post here when I find it. The concealed carry course you went to seems like maybe it wasnt taught by a very good instructor IMO. I will say that is the shortest CCW class I have heard of. There are a lot of good books and videos out on concealed carry self defense handgunning you may want to check into some as im sure you didnt get very much input from the instructor in such a short amount of time.

Page generated in 0.06791 seconds with 8 queries