View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 01:54 AM   #1
PitBull

Problem with cases sticking in chamber of Glock 17.

I've had a re-occurring problem of cases sticking in the chamber of my Glock 17.
This happens about every 25 to 50 rounds. They are really stuck in there hard.
When it happens I close the slide back so that the extractor re-engages the rim and then press the front corner of the slide against a piece of wood and the case will extract if I really push hard.
The last time today that it happened it was so bad that the extractor itself couldn't maintain a good purchase on the rim and kept jumping over it.
I had to knock the case out at home through the bore with a rod and hammer.
Although the integrity of the extractor may have been compromised by the last occurrence today, I can't tell by looking at it, even with a magnifying glass. With that in mind the plan is to replace the extractor anyway but I'm 100% sure that alone won't fix the problem.
I don't see how the extractor could have been a contributing factor since I was successfully using it to pop the stuck cases out with the slide as mentioned above.

The reloads are copper plated 124 grain TMJ bullets, mixed brass, and Titegroup powder. The cases are cleaned before loading and the last stage on my press is a Lee crimp die. The finished rounds are randomly but frequently checked with a case gauge for dimensional tolerances.
The loads are loaded to nominal 9mm pressures.
The pistol is cleaned after each range session.
I can't see anything unusual in the cases other than some slight rim deformation do to having to force the slide back the hard way.
The same rounds work fine in my SIG P228 every time.
I've never had any other reloads do this in other calibers (.45 ACP, 10mm) either.
The Glock I'm having this issue with never does anything like this with factory ammo of any kind.

Has anyone else aver had this problem?

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries