View Single Post
Old August 20, 2013, 02:48 PM   #11
snuffy

Quote:
I will probably attempt one this weekend, just to have the option as a last resort. I'll do a very, very low charge and use a hi-point pistol so I don't care if it blows. I'll let you know how it works out.
Well, that's just wrong thinking. The only thing this type of primer MIGHT do is fail to ignite the powder at all. It won't cause high(er) pressure.

The worst it could do is a hangfire. Meaning; click-----BANG! As in a delay from primer strike to ignition of the powder. Be careful, if it clicks, then don't fire, KEEP THE GUN POINTED DOWN RANGE, HELD IN A FIRING POSITION FOR A COUNT OF TEN SECONDS. Then carefully extract the round. You might try firing it again after it failed to fire.

Another way to re-load primers is to use toy cap gun caps for the priming compound. IF you can still find some. Same procedure, but getting the compound free from the paper is exciting, you WON'T sleep through it, that I can guarantee!

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02523 seconds with 8 queries