Thread: What Do I Need
View Single Post
Old May 16, 1999, 10:27 PM   #4
Bill Hebert

I've been there- done that.. Send me your 223 brass and I'll give it a good home... Seriously, I started with a $15.00 Lee press and a Lee reloading manual. You will need the set of dies (for a 223 they cost about $20 for non carbide) a can of powder $20 and your bullets (I just bought 2000 for $58) and your brass. You'll need a scale - approx$30-$50 for a beam type and a set of calipers to measure the overall length of the brass and cartridge ($20). Primers cost $3.00/hundred at a local store. A case length guage will cost $20 - in the beginning just throw away the brass that has stretched too much. Later get a case trimmer.. If you shoot more than 500-1000 rounds every three months or so, I say get into reloading. Honestly, I love reloading and have spent about $400 in six months. But I now reload 9mm, 38 specials, 357 mags, 308's and 223's. If you are a person who does not take responsibility for your actions - do not get into reloading - get factory cartridges. Then if something goes wrong you can blame someone else. I was at the range today and I heard a fellow say he had "problems" with his reloads not chambering -so now he only buys new cartridges. Thank you very much - I scarfed up his throw-away 308 brass. Good luck and happy reloading and/or shooting.

Page generated in 0.03781 seconds with 8 queries