View Single Post
Old September 13, 2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Lavid2002

Is a .700 12 gauge choke a "Full" Choke?

Hi guys, I recently went goose hunting and used size 2 shot 3" kents out fo my H&R, I only got one bird (I smoked him today and ate him in tacos he was DELISH!) Anyways....I was surprised at how many geese I shot just kind of twirled and studdled a bit then kept on goin! This one that we took down, we shot THREE TIMES before he dropped. And the final conclusion was, one load to the chest, and one broken wing. I NAIL the clays pretty good...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrHVF4QorcM...But these geese just weren't going down. Problem number one, is the shot. I need larger shot. Size 2 works good for ducks, but I think I need BB for these geese.

Problem number two...My choke tube? I took a look at my choke tube, and hitting clays and birds seems harder at longer distances...I think I need a tighter pattern. Online posts say .700" Is a "Full' Choke...My Choke says "IM on it. Is it a improved IM or modified MO or is it improved modified? IM It says it is .705 however when I measure the end it says it is .701...that seems really close to full. I want a tighter pattern, but I cant seem to find a choke tube that offers anything tighter than that. .700 seems to be the "Full' Standard...if it is....How the heck isnt my gun throwing tight patterns? I patterned it the other day and it seems pretty loose...I can post a vid if needed. Thanks-Dave

Page generated in 0.02241 seconds with 8 queries