View Single Post
Old October 23, 2008, 09:11 AM   #73
Yankee Traveler

Please excuse my idiocy for not being able to filter my bad day out of posting. I apologize for this.

What I meant to say, but couldn't due to rectal cranial insertion, was a flashlight on the weapon is much better than no light at all. It is always much better to have and not need then need and not have. While I always try to keep my night vision "tuned", a flashlight can also render an intruder blind if turned on at the right time.
Best case scenario, a combo light/laser on the gun, and a handheld mag light in the other. It's a second weapon as well as giving the opportunity to lighten the perp without pointing a chambered round at him/her/it. Also gives the ability to shine light in two different directions if needed. Combo laser/light gives the ability to aim without standing behind the light also.
Be prepared for the worst though, and the ability to see in low light conditions can be a great asset. As can knowing your environment in the dark. As well as multiple choices for shedding light on a situation. Motion lights outside are a first line defense as well.

Bottom line, Flashlight on the weapon imo, and more is better.

Page generated in 0.02196 seconds with 8 queries