View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013, 06:16 PM   #1
MuddyWaters

Cimarron Frontier Six Shooter Q's

Greetings All -

I've been wanting a single action for some time now, and am thinking of buying one of Cimarron's Frontier Six Shooter pistols. I'm new to this game and before I spend the money, I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few questions before I go for it...

1. Does anyone have any experience with these guns? If so, what are your thoughts?

2. Is this gun based off the Model P or is the name "Frontier Six Shooter" associated with any pistol that has their "US Finish?" I can't seem to find a specific page of the website for the Frontier Six Shooters. It seems the only place it's mentioned is on the custom finishes page, where it mentions the US Finish and has "Frontier Six Shooter" in parentheses. However, it is listed seperately in the catalog: http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/med...WebCatalog.pdf.

3. Cimarron says that guns with the US Finish are refinished and reassembled in the US. Does anyone know who does it? The finish looks great in the catalog and online, does the real thing look that good? (I saw somewhere that Turnbull does it, I hope so, but not sure if that was right)

4. Finally, if the gun is based off a certain model, what barrel markings are there?

5. Anything else I should know???

Thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciate it!

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries