View Single Post
Old January 24, 2010, 12:14 AM   #38
PH/CIB

I have a Glock 34 in 9mm that is by the bed with the light and 33 round loaded magazines in the bedroom and in some of the other rooms in the house.

There is an old saying "If you have a choice never go to a man, always let a man come to you, the first thing the eye sees is movement" so in the case of a break in I will set up an ambush and not clear the house. My house is all brick so unless I put a round through a window I am not worried about over penetration.

That being said I prefer the shotgun under the bed loaded with 00 buck to the Glock pistol. In close quarters if you can't get a shot off you can always give them the vertical and horizontal butt stroke, something you cannot do with a handgun.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries