Thread: Active Shooters
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Tennessee Gentleman

Active Shooters

Back in the Fall I had the oppertunity to serve as a role player for our local police department (and other officers from the region) active shooter training. There were about seven of us. They used simunitions in the drill. They asked us not to reveal their tactics to the media so I won't comment on how they did the training but I asked the Captain in charge about CCW and whether using my gun to defend myself might cause me to get shot by LEOs coming in. He said that it very well could cause that and advised if I heard sirens wailing and cars pulling up I might want to keep it holstered unless the shooter was about to shoot me. What I discovered is that these active shooter scenarios are very chaotic and that as a CCW holder I need to think about how I might react now rather than when it happens. I also believe that these things will happen more and more since the media puts a lot of attention on the shooter and now people who before would just kill themselves because they felt unimportant or whatever will now try to kill lots of people because they will get a permanent entry in Wikipedia. Interested in how each of you would address active shooter responses.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; May 26, 2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03726 seconds with 8 queries