View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007, 10:26 PM   #18
madmag

Maybe it's just the make-up of this board...I am not sure. Like most here I am a gun enthusiast first. But I take long breaks because I have asked and read so much about gun related stuff that I do the political debate for a change of pace. I do also visit some boards dedicated solely to political issues. Strange, but on these political boards it seems that talk is usually at a more civil level. Not sure of the reason. Maybe these people are more use to debating in a dispassionate way. Anyway, it appears the key is not to be too extreme in words, and not to add inference as to what you think someone means...just stay with what they actually say. When you try to imagine what is in someones heart, then there is no limit to the debate and it just obscures the original meaning of the thread.

Quote:
There's reasonable lines to be drawn to accommodate the mass...
I agree.

My last word is: no one should be allowed to make an overt attack on any race or creed, and no one should bait someone to make such an attack just to shut down threads. We should assume there is just empty space between lines, otherwise we are in for endless debates about what someone thinks we mean.

Page generated in 0.03902 seconds with 8 queries