View Single Post
Old June 8, 2011, 08:05 AM   #4
C0untZer0

Well, it's another way of gun control really. When I first applied in 1987, I got my FOID in around 40 days total from the time I mailed it to the time I received it.

I didn't think it could possibly take this long.

I wish they would beef up funding for this - for the background check part of it, and also off load the picture taking / card issuance to the DMV. I think it should be abolished completely but barring that... you should be able to send your stuff in, get something back a week later telling you that you have been approved and you can stop by the DMV for your card.

maybe half the problem is that they have one person working one machine creating all the cards.

I think I'd like that job... it's lifetime employment, sitting in front of a laminator feeding paper cards in the front of it...

The obvious 2A/SD questions come up - what about someone who is being stalked - can they survive the stalking for 90 days while waiting to be issued their FOID - not to mention the waiting period on purchasing.

I personally don't think Chicago is being taken over by flash mobbers but the ISRA seems to be playing it up like that - OK, I know the anti-guners radicalize everthing and fight dirty, if the ISRA needs to capalize on the flash mob thing, then so be it. Can someone go through the FOID process and then the Chicago process and hopefully not get beaten during that long long wait... ???

Page generated in 0.02274 seconds with 8 queries