View Single Post
Old November 8, 2013, 11:52 PM   #34
Tejicano

I try to not be a gun snob for any particular brand or model although I have to admit I favor 1911’s and FAL’s. I have a wide interest in firearms and my handgun collection focuses on large caliber, high capacity, semi-autos. While I tend to fall into the “all-steel” crowd I have no problem with plastic if it performs.

I had fired Glocks in the past – but only 9mm’s and 40’s. When I was looking around to pick up a few 10mm handguns the only models I could find were the EAA Witness and the Glock 20. I got one of each and have taken them out to the range.

The Glock does work – but not appreciably better than almost every other gun I have – maybe I’m just lucky? Maybe it is because the Glock model I got is the biggest of the line that it feels a bit clumsy? – but I am comfortable with my early Para-Ord and my FN FNP which are about as thick as they come.

When it comes down to it I shoot my HK USP and Para-Ord better than the Glock. Maybe after some time that will change but for now the Glock seems to be a safe queen. Maybe some day when I develop and interest in 9X19mm handguns I will have to pick up a Glock 17 or 19 but I’ll be waiting for the rumored hi-cap 45ACP SIG before that happens.

Page generated in 0.02544 seconds with 8 queries