View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 11:59 PM   #26
Derius_T

I used to just shoot for fun nearly every day years ago when I was a bit healthier. I remember shooting .22 rifle nearly every day growing up, both for hunting and for fun, along with shotgun and recurve bow. It's just what you did back in the deep country areas I grew up in. That was entertainment.

Now, with ammo as expensive as it is, and severe health problems caused me to sell off most of my guns and ammo over the years to pay for medical bills, not too much. I did get to the range with a friend for the first time in years a few weeks ago. My handgun skills have deteriorated at an alarming degree. I was astonished how just plain bad it was. I was still capable of doing center mass evenly, but wow, was I surprised. One thing I did notice was that my rifle skills had not deteriorated nearly as much as my pistol skills. I was always a better rifle shot anyway, but there was very little loss of skill.

Anyone else find that to be true with diminishing skills? I tell you, if you are able, do some form of shooting as often as you can. The skill will go away, and you don't want to end up throwing snake eyes when your life or the life of a loved one depends on it.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries