View Single Post
Old July 10, 2014, 06:11 AM   #9
Magnum Wheel Man

wiggily... not just a plastic trait... I had a very nice BRNO light weight hunter in 30-06, with a set trigger, & light weight walnut stock...fine, fine rifle... except that the fore end of the stock was so light, ( reads thin ) that pressure from your grip, could steer shots left or right, by applying pressure on the barrel, on one side or the other...

I've read plenty of "look how accurate my Ruger American is" threads, & have no reason to doubt them... I just have issue with how thin, or flexible the fore end of the stock is... surely there is some low cost way the stiffen the fore end, that the factory could do ??? but I also applaud those owners that have found a way to stiffen it up...

& yup... seems everyone is making an entry level rifle... Rugers seem to be highly accurate, as long as the fore end isn't contacting the barrel unevenly...

I'm not partial to the plastic trigger guards either, but that is really an area of the rifle, that being plastic shouldn't effect it's performance...

also, even when hunting in the mountains, I'm really not worried about the weight of my rifle... granted I'm not toting around a heavy varmint barreled rifle, but 4-8 ounces one way or the other doesn't matter to me, so long as I'm completely confident in the package I'm carrying

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries