View Single Post
Old October 9, 2005, 04:39 PM   #6

You are in for a very good time.
You won't believe how good you can get in four days.
It won't last if you don't practice, but at the end of four days you are amazing.
I have taken classes at other nationally known gun schools and honestly think the HANDGUN class at Frontsight was the best I have taken.
The weather will probably be in the 50s-60s during the day and fairly cool at night. Be prepared for wind and blowing sand.
I would recommend that you bring a Camelback to keep yourself hydrated. I wear mine all the time and drink from it every time I check my targets. I use this routine so I remember to constantly drink and stay hydrated. Every time I have been there, you had to bring your own lunch. There is a grocery store in Pahrump as well as a number of convienience stores. I recomend that you bring enough food to eat three or more small meals throughout the day to keep your energy up. Powerbars or something like that are good. I have also brought stuff like cookies that I kept eating all day.
Bring sunblock. Bring GOOD sunglasses that are rated as safety glasses. You will really regret it if you don't bring sunglasses. You will be required to wear eye protection: bring something good so you don't have to spend four days trying to function while wearing some ill fitting, cheap industrial safety glasses: I wear Oakley perscription sunglasses as well as clear perscription glasses. These arn't cheap but you can't shoot if you can't see and no money in the world is worth losing your eyesight over. Also bring some eye drops/eye wash to wash dirt out of your eyes to keep your vision sharp.
Bring a magazine loading tool to save the fingers.
Give some thought on what you want to wear for a cover garmet. The second two days of the class, you will be shooting everything from concealment. If you wear a sweatshirt, it will be more difficult to draw IMO. If you wear something like a flannel shirt, it will also be more difficult to draw because it is light and difficult to toss out of the way. BUT, you might want to consider trying different attire to get some practice with different clothing since you don't wear the same thing every day at home. The technique for drawing with a sweatshirt is different from drawing with a coat that is open in the front.
If you have any questions, need help, get into a jam while you are here, I would be happy to help. I lived in Pahrump for about five years up until the first of this year. I have taken 4-5 classes at Frontsight and got a DG in the four day handgun class. I am also a Frontsight First Family Member.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries