View Single Post
Old January 9, 2006, 10:14 PM   #1
BigSlick

Gracey or Giraud ?

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, the old Lyman Power Trimmer just took a dump.

I've used the thing a ton, had it since 1986 and it finally crawled to a stop, then gave one last good pop. It looks and smells like the motor windings melted.

Smoked the loading room up all to crap and set off the smoke alarms.

So, I need a new trimmer.

I would buy another Lyman, but after reading thru the search results there is a better mousetrap available today.

Both look good, both ain't cheap and I've never seen either up close and personal. I believe in buy once, cry once where loading gear is concerned and the Gracey and Giraud seem to be top quality units

Can some of you guys give me your opinion, from a little first-hand experience.

Caliber conversion, simplicity (complexity) of use/setup and results are most critical, speed being secondary. Warranty, replacement parts availability etc.. play a part too, but I'm hoping with top quality stuff, these won't be necessary for a whale of a long time.

Thanks

BigSlick
Nobody likes war, but if you find yourself in one - fight for those you serve with and to make the trip home. Show mercy to those that deserve it and a relentless, ruthless, cunning evil to those who don't.

Page generated in 0.02209 seconds with 8 queries