View Single Post
Old January 23, 2014, 10:56 AM   #23
Jay24bal

My results, and my load are incredibly similar to those above from SteveNChunter.

The only modifications I have made to mine are a new Boyds' stock, and clipping coils off the trigger spring. I have not even bedded the rifle yet as I am waiting for my supplies that I prefer to use that are on backorder.

I have no data on groups before the trigger coils were clipped off as I did it before ever shooting for groups on both rifles.

I can tell you that the Boyds' stock tightened my 5 shot groups up noitceably (forgive me, but I am at work and do not have access to my notebook with exact numbers, so every number going forward is from the best of my memory). These numbers are for my .223 as that s what is reference above, and I am not settled into a load for the 308 yet.

Before the stock was available, shooting handloads strikingly similar to those above (slightly shorter COL and .1 less grain of powder), I was averaging about .450" with 5 shot groups at 100 yards. After the stock, I am averaging about .370". But most importantly, the dispersion is smaller. Instead of having one group in there that was always .850, a couple that were .700 and so on, after the stock, the biggest group I ever see is about .500. I shoot off of a bipod and the stock flexed a lot as such.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries