Thread: Beretta 21 A
View Single Post
Old August 19, 2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Rifleman1776

Beretta 21 A

I bought two pocket carry pistols today.
One is a Ruger LCP .380, the other is a Beretta 21A in .22lr.
The 21A is a stainless steel version of the regular 21A or Bobcat as it is sometimes called. I have seen statements that the stainless 21A was only made in .25acp, mine proves that is not correct.
I would have purchased two but the Mod. 21 is in high demand and short supply. I consider myself lucky to have found this one in unfired condition.
The design is pretty simple and straightforward as is typical with Beretta quality.
I did learn two important things about this gun and the lesson applies to other guns as well.
I bought it for my wife. She can barely shoot the first shot with the long and hard DA pull. Can be done but with difficulty. I also have an American Arms Walther style PX22 and she cannot fire it from DA at all. Something to consider if buying any gun for a member of the fair sex.
Other thing I learned, the magazine is a 7 rounder but will accept 8 rounds. However it will not insert fully into the gun with 8. So counting is important. My usual habit is to load until no more are accepted.
Shoots reliably as is to be expected. Performs best with extra high-vel ammo like Stingers. Bulk ammo is not reliable in this gun or the Walther style. For a self defense gun I can afford the higher priced ammo.
The bulk stuff will still be used in my Ruger 10/22 as I have done for decades.
FWIW, the Ruger LCP .380 shoots just fine and reliably, I really like that gun, has just what I wanted in a pocket pistol. Light, small, reliable.

Page generated in 0.02857 seconds with 8 queries