View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 10:30 PM   #24
reloader28

I am slow to reply tonight, I screwed up the computer and the wife had to fix it. She was NOT impressed with me!

I took it for granted about gene pool I guess, but you do have to have the right genes in the breeding and not all places have those genes. In this area we do have a good gene pool. They just dont get the chance. I do agree with Kraigwy that if there was a 4 point rule that they should give a doe/fawn tag.

Elkman....
So as far as results here, on the third year there was a lot of 4 and 5 point and bigger. there is also some HUGE 2 and 3 points which may or may not get bigger. I've watched them over time, I would say they some wouldn't after 3 years. But the majority do get nice.

I also agree that they could give a break to kids under 16. Let them shoot what they want. I dont think it would really be any harder to police than anything else.

The area next to us is really out standing. Your odds of drawing a tag are as good as getting hit by lightning or winning the lottery. Hardly any hunters on it and only a few tags, but garanteed the best hunting around, bar-none. Huge and I mean HUGE elk, Whitetail and Mulies. You can't hunt bucks on the ranch anymore (cow elk only) but there is BLM and Forest around it. This area borders that one and as this is a general area.... we like the 4 point rule.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in again and I really enjoy reading all the posts. Thank you.

FALPhil.....how do you determine if its an aggressive doe???HAHA

Last edited by reloader28; November 25, 2009 at 02:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries