View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 04:15 AM   #17
jimpeel

I want to address this post to all of you wing men out there, you know, the ones who, in 1994, stated that their shotguns were safe so why should they worry about "assault weapons."

Well, your time has come. You are now the target. While you should have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with us in 1994 you decided to cling to your "hobby" with only your own interests in mind. You shunned us as conspiratorial nutcases.

Well, how do you feel now. We are looking quite prescient aren't we?

You let us down then; but we will not let you down now. We will go to the mat with the same fervor we have always demonstrated when our own rights, liberties, and property were under threat just as they are now, again, today.

The one thing that I have always carried with me is this: The best, and surest, way to lose my own rights and freedoms is to gleefully celebrate the abrogation of the rights and freedoms of others -- especially "those people".

Well, now you are "those people" and we will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you -- as you should have done with us. We will fight for your right to your shotgun with the same passion we have fought for our rifles, handguns, and magazines while you stood on the sidelines.

You let us down in 1994. We will not let you down in 2013.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries