View Single Post
Old August 18, 2016, 08:10 AM   #7
Skans

A couple of things. First, the same tactics used in the '80's and '90's to portray smoking as dirty and the cause of many horrific diseases will not work with guns. For the most part, guns are out-of-sight, out-of-mind and really do not annoy people going about their business. It might resonate with a very small group of generally paranoid people, but not with the public at large. This tactic doesn't concern me all that much.

Second, the Antis are very good at recruiting high-profile celebrities and athletes to champion their anti-gun agenda. This is very effective, especially on women and younger people. The US film, TV and entertainment industry is huge. It is based in the bastion of anti-gun liberalism, Los Angeles. It is back by millionaires and billionaires. It is repetitively in our face daily, even hourly. This does concern me and the Antis have gained tremendous ground within this industry. I don't have an answer on how to effectively fight back here, but I do know that this is really where we need to try and focus our efforts.

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries