View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 01:21 PM   #29
Metal god

schmellba99 Seems to have some good advice there . I'm new to reloading here but not knowing seating your bullet at the lands or in to them causes higher pressure spikes worries me . I'd go back and read your 123 reloading book or what ever you read before starting . I find it interesting how when I go back to my books I've already read looking for answers to issues I'm having now. I find the answer and at the same time remember reading that very thing before .The fact I was not reloading at the time of first reading the book/s . I don't think I grasped what was being said completely . I have a new perspective on the issue now that I have almost 1k rounds loaded and fired , almost all for the same rifle . When I go back and read some stuff now ( not all or much ) I think duh how did I miss or not remember that .

Anyways my point is maybe go back and read your reloading book again .

Let me add one other thing that I just ran into . I was seating my bullets very deep do to a very short throat . Well what I thought at the time was a short throat . It turns out My bore was heavily fouled and I was not getting the correct measurement when measuring to the lands . After cleaning my bore REALLY well I gained .035 in OAL and one bullet I gained .090 but I question If I had the original measurement correct with that bullet because that just seems HUGE to me .

Not sure that means anything to you but I thought I'd throw it out there .

Quote:
I want my bullet to hit the lands a=running, I do not want my bullet to hesitate.
Maybe I need to be corrected but I thought jumping your bullet is what causes the bullet to hesitate at the lands . The bullet jumps quick to the lands and because at that point the bullet is still fatter then the bore . The bullet slows down if not stops until it's squeezed down to the point it fits in the bore . If the bullet is at or in the lands the bullet only accelerates because there is no secondary force opposing it .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; October 8, 2013 at 01:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.02568 seconds with 8 queries