View Single Post
Old April 26, 2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Gerry

I don't size with the molds I use now. But it depends on the mold and caliber you're casting. For example, most 9mm commercial molds don't drop much bigger than .357" which is fine to squeeze down any .355" spec 9mm barrel. Measure your bullets to see what diameter they are. Your barrel is perfectly capable of swagging and making your bullet perfectly round.

Since I don't resize my 9mm, I pan lube them. It's faster than using the Lyman 450 because I do 600 at a time using 6 small silicone pans that hold 100 each. While they are hardening, the last batch of lube is melting so it's pretty continuous. I can easily do over 10,000 in a few hours. They also have beveled basis, which does not work well with the 450:

It's the bullets from molds that are too small you have to worry about, and a lube sizer is crucial here for bumping them up. Ditto if you're using gas checks, or other calibers where molds are harder to come by. Personally for the volume of 9mm I shoot, it was easier to sell the offending molds and get what worked as dropped.

Page generated in 0.02769 seconds with 8 queries