View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 06:20 AM   #7
buckhorn_cortez

Quote:
From what I have gathered reading what owners have posted in various forums the LaRue OBR and LMT are tops. There is no real weight savings, all AR-10s are heavy. Make sure quality mags are available at reasonable prices before you buy your AR-10.

Reading gives you the flavor of the week popular names - not necessarily the "tops." The Internet seems to be more like an echo chamber than an information source. GAP, JP Enterprises, Les Baer, and several othersl make .308's that are at the "top" of the .308 AR field.

As for magazines - if they use the Magpul style .308 magazine - all you do is order them - you don't have the option of multiple manufacturer sources so the prices are whatever you can find them for. Usually in the $20-25 range for a 20 round magazine.

To the OP - if I wanted a military style .308 for field use and hunting I'd get the FN SCAR 17. The AR styles are heavy as previously noted. Mine (Les Baer Sniper) weighs nearly 14lbs with a US Optics scope.

If what I wanted was a .308 semi-auto for hunting, then I'd start looking at hunting rifles like the Browning, Remington, etc. semi-autos.

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries