View Single Post
Old March 8, 2012, 04:38 PM   #20
BlackFeather

I was recently caught up in some road rage that wasn't caused by me. I was a passenger in the back seat. The driver of the other car was on the phone and almost hit us. The passenger in the front of our car flipped him off, and he got ******. He started yelling and cussing, as is usual. He blamed us, then the driver of our car, being the idiot he is, called out "people like you deserve to be shot". Well, I don't blame the other guy for getting angry at that point, but he climbed out of his truck and walked up to our car. The windows went up, and they were yelling back and forth. By this time I had my hand on my seatbelt and he hadn't seen me yet. About the time he noticed me his demeanor changed a bit, he wasn't cussing at just an older male and a woman, there was now a younger male in the back who was remaining silent and watching him.

That's when the driver of our vehicle noticed the open container in the truck, and called the guy a drunk for having a beer while driving. That definitely ended it for him, and he left.

Had the man begun trying to break a window, we would have been unable to drive out. At that point I think I would have asked the guy to get back in his truck and deescalate the situation. But if I had to get out, I definitely would not have felt it necessary to choke the man, much less hold him until police got there. I don't see why the man in the OP had to do this. Maybe he doesn't have the training I do, but there are MANY more less lethal ways to hold someone. It doesn't seem right to me.

In this, I don't see either as malign or bad, but I see many poor choices. Calling one or the other "evil" or a "bad guy" is just wrong. You know little to nothing about them and yet judge them? Hmm...

[Insert random irrelevant religious quote here]

Page generated in 0.02294 seconds with 8 queries