View Single Post
Old May 18, 2014, 08:28 AM   #13
9x19

Ruger's NC plant is in Mayodan:

http://www.ruger.com/news/2014-03-14.html

Quote:
In September 2013, Ruger finalized the purchase of a 220,000 square foot facility in Mayodan, NC. This was the Company's first major expansion in over 25 years...
There isn't a single model of firearm, in production since 1964, which hasn't undergone changes. Not one. Usually this means less hand-fitting and finishing, different materials (synthetics in place of cast alloys, etc.)

I've been buying and using 10/22s since the late 70s and I've bought two this year that were NIB. No trouble with either. I don't buy standard carbines as I've never liked the curved butt plate (whether made from aluminum or plastic).

The synthetic trigger group doesn't bother me as it responds to tuning as well as the pot-metal version did, and in fact it doesn't show finish wear when you use them hard.

The factory barrels I find to be better fitted these days, and no less accurate than the guns I have from the 80s. I ilke the laminated stocks better than the walnut versions as mine all go to the woods and the laminate shrugs off nicks and dings better.

Last edited by 9x19; May 18, 2014 at 08:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 8 queries